Common DPF & Diesel Engine Issues
We have many years experience with DPF diagnosis and cleaning.
See our DPF Regen – Wheels Magazine Article in Wheels Car Magazine on common DPF issues (page 28)
When troubleshooting the cause of issues with your diesel engine and/or emissions system it is important to look at the following and know the answers to these questions.
We recommend all our customers read through these tips before calling.
- When did fault occur? Has the fault occurred previously & if so what repair was conducted at that point in time? What is your typical driving cycle (i.e. City driving or highway driving)?
- Diagnostic scan: Extract fault codes & live data. Document heavy soot accumulation & high differential pressure at idle & under load.
- Check if your oil level is higher than normal on the oil dipstick & whether the oil appears diluted.
- Check for turbo intercooler leaks, split hoses or turbo related issues etc.
- Remove accessible parts of the air intake system to check for excessive carbon/soot build up in the inlet manifold, EGR Valve and/or EGR Cooler.